This release brings a new event and brings official return values for triggered events.
New event: The newly created
before-lightbox-close event will trigger just before a lightbox is closed and also before the player is destroyed.
Event return values: Please read the event docs for more info on this.
This release fixes a minor icon bug.
This release should fix the bower setup. Thanks to @simonhdickson for the fix.
With this release, the error screens received some love. They do now look way better.
This release fixes some minor bugs and defers the initialization of the Youtube api preventing unnecessary calls to the widget api.
This release brings some new features and gets rid of the 'beta' label. 🎉
- afterglow does now have support for Vimeo. Due to limitations that Vimeo imposes, it's not possible for non-premium accounts to hide the Vimeo UI, so we use it as a default. Other than that, Vimeo works completely the way that Youtube works with the player.
- We implemented a working event system, which finally allows to react to player events. There are some basic HTML5 video event (like
endedand so on), as well as some events related to lightboxes (
lightbox-closed) and some other events. Read the updated documentation to learn more on that.
- afterglow is now responsive by default. This might break some older setups, but looking forwards, this is the only way to go. In order to redisable responsive scaling (in case you didn't use it), just add
data-autoresize="none"to your video elements.
- The project's website was completely rewritten and will update shortly, also bringing a basic integration wizard with it.
There has been a change to how the CDN works. Due to this change, old links to the cdn probably won't get updated to v1.0.0 and upcoming. Update your links according to the documentation to get back online with v1.0 and upcoming releases.
If you use and enjoy working with afterglow, consider supporting the project by tweeting about it, starring it on Github or providing a small donation.
We improved the control bar layout when playing a Youtube video. They changed their logo, so we edited the skin to better fit next to the youtube logo.
This release fixes a minor bug where clicking the pause button would cause scrolling users to jump back to the paused video some time after having paused the video.
This release introduces the newly created api method 'play()', which allows to play any video by its id. This works for both regular players and lightbox players. Obviously, lightboxes will be launched before playing the video.
Documentation on this feature can be found here: http://docs.afterglowplayer.com/docs/api
This release is actually the real bugfix release that was planned with v0.3.6. Just two minor bugs.
This is a minor bugfix release.
This release fixes an issue with the subtitle button and the caption button on iPad.
This update fixes a bug with YouTube-Playback on iOS devices. Aditionally, vendor components were updated. Afterglow is now running on video.js v5.8.8
This release fixes two bugs:
- YouTube Api is no longer loaded if it is not needed
- Volume will no longer be touched by the scroll wheel, as this is a major UX issue when scrolling on a page.
This release hotfixes a bug that had sneaked in when updating to videojs 5.6. Again, this version should not bring any visible updates.
This release brings an update to videojs 5.6, which will be the base for future changes. The update should not cause any visible changes.
With this release, afterglow takes a huge step towards v1.0 and a stable life. The entire release was about refactoring the entire project. The core functionality is now completely based upon ES6 classes and fully unit tested. Also, afterglow does now build upon video.js v5.0.2.
- There now is a dark and a light skin, both based on afterglow's default skin.
- Afterglow has completely been rebuilt. It does now consist of ES6 classes and is fully unit tested.
- afterglow is now running on video.js v5.0.2. This is a big step on our way to a stable 1.0 release! Thanks to the team behind video.js!
- When clicking the playbutton, afterglow will now stop all other players on the same page.
In some edge cases, non-absolute urls caused problems with HD first, this should be fixed with this release.
This release brings resolution switching for local video sources and the newly created player parameter
Read more about the new features in the documentation.
This release fixes a bug with Youtube videos in lightbox players on Android.
This release fixes an issue which could appear when playing Youtube videos on IE/Firefox.
Minor bugfix release containing an update to video.js 5.0.0-rc81. This removes the webkitMovement warnings in the console log.
This is the first release of afterglow. It is currently in beta, but it should be quite stable. Please tell us if you encounter any issues.
Version 1.0 brought basic support for Vimeo, some other changes and a better website.
Starting from here, we will try to provide continuos support for afterglow in the next years.
What's to come
These are the ideas we currently have for the following versions:
- Branding via colors (v1.x)
- Custom logo (v1.x)
- Sharing-Buttons (v1.x)
- Embedding functionality (Hopefully v1.x)
- Rethink the entire concept (v2.0)